The question that Zack Childress poses in every podcast is—how do real estate investors build real wealth and freedom without access to millions of dollars in capital? His mission is to help you find the answer.
We’re drilling down into topics related to flipping properties. Today we’ll talk about how to hire a contractor that does good work AND that works well with you and your vision.
Right now the market is in a sweet spot for fixing and flipping real estate. You need to face your fears and do it. Gaining knowledge is an excellent way to overcome fear.
Zack provides 6 questions to ask a contractor’s references. Ask the same questions of each reference for comparison‘s sake.
Change orders probably will be needed once a project gets started. Be sure that your contract specifies that you must sign off on every one before work begins on it.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.”
Watch and learn:
Listen and enjoy:
- Always talk to contractor’s references
- Vetting and managing contractors is key
- You are in charge, not the contractor
- Don’t tell a contractor your rehab budget
Mentioned in this episode:
- Reach Zack by phone: 707.247.4248
- Follow Zack on Facebook: REI Success Academy Facebook
- Zack’s Book: My First Deal Playbook
- Zack’s Course: Rehabbing Made Easy
- 3-Day In The Field Training with Zack
- Check progress on out-of-town jobs: We Go Look